Friday, March 26, 2010

Healthcare

I love spring, and I love the change of seasons, this year it has brought with it a major overhaul of healthcare in this country. I am sure soem newly minted republicans will have a tea party, and talk show hosts will make some money filling the air with their sound and fury but this is step is needed. Political will for such an overhaul has been building for years, and finally the efforts of hundreds of thousands reaching back through decades has come to fruition. I am sure that this is the right direction for our country at this time, furthermore we have been heading this way for a long time.

This bill will go through several revisions and challenges, i am that it will eventually look very different from its current incarnation. I hope that we can ultimately evolve into a single-payer system.

For now it is the right thing and I am glad that our congress has taken this important step.

No comments:

Post a Comment