Friday, July 9, 2010

I don't eat crow- I'm a vegetarian

I am long loathed the idea that 'danger is everywhere! Everything is bad for you and will kill you give you cancer/diabetes/alzheimers/arthritis/badbreath and is probably the only cause of said disease therefore we ought to ban it to make the world a safer place and only eat special food grown by happy elves and sold at Whole foods for 10X the normal price...........Oh what do you say? all can not afford that? poor people all over the world are hungry? Americans are greedy to begin with? carbon foot-what? Never mind all that the marginal health benefits and made-up nutritional advantages are worth all that.
...Because deep down you know that you are actually better than people who have less money....

Along with this mindset is the infamous" food dye debate". Some claim that the food dyes can cause behavioral and allergy reactions in children and adults. Allergies are not nearly as widespread as is widely believed. 5% of the population has an allergy, 20% believe that they have an allergy. I am in the 20%, perhaps the 5%, as I am allergic to something in Dark colored gatorade and store-bought cupcake frosting. I suspect a preservative not listed on the label, or perhaps it is dependant on quantity, and I allergic to some dark purple dye.

SO I am off to whole foods where I will sefl righteously buy natural food coloring. and I will sneer y at the cars full of little people parked at the Nearby Copps.

Sorry for not believeing all of you people. You may still be crazy, just not about this.

1 comment:

  1. valerie,

    I think we were secretly siamese twins, joined at the brain, and separated at birth. I just forwarded my husband one of your older posts--so he can see that I am not the only person who DOES NOT like the Boy Scouts.

    ReplyDelete