Saturday, November 21, 2009

Why did I think that was a good idea?

So I dressed up as Victoria the EVIL Vampire and went to see the 'New Moon' Movie. It was super funt o get dressed up. I haven't really worn makeup in a long time, certainly not "full makeup" I did eyeliner. I poked my eyes with a soft pencil, to outline my eyes. I never understood why eyeliner is used, who started it out, and why so many of my sisters think it is so important. YUCK! eyeliner is the devil. I also found all of my eyeshadow and caked it on my eyelids. Vicoria the evil Vampire is sort of cheap looking. That, and about 5 years behind on her sense of style. She likes to dress a bit young for herself.
She has long red hair which is curly and not really brushed.
In short, she looks like me. I love her look.

I did not dress up this halloween becasue I was super busy. I had a costume planned (statue of liberty OR madison 'liberal'-complete with a "libertarians for singlepayer" button) but it never came together. I deeply regretted this oppertunity to plat dress up. So at the opening night of NEW MOON I saw another chance. I could dressup again, and I could do it well. I already own too-tight jeans and a Tshirt with the neck band cut out. I did my skanky makeup and even put some red gel hair dye in my hair. Finally I did not have to worry about making my hair look normal. I let it curly in all its crazy frizzy curly hairness. I like my hair.

Most people think that my hair looks the way it does from a lack of time. or perhaps it is a result of my frequent showering (which is the usual result of my frequent workouts) However I love my hair. I think that lots of long curly hair gives me personality. I want it to grow out and be a lto longer. I hope that I never cut my hair.

Anyways, a furry wrap completed the outfit. I actually looked a bit like the vampire. It was great. Then I got to the Movie theatre. I am just not confident yet. I got embarrassed. Fortunaely I haven't worn makeup or jeans or hair dye for a long time. I was pretty much not recognizeable.

Never the less I slinked away after the movie and was very relieved to get in my car and drive home. Dress up is super fun, however perhaps It can wait until halloween next year.

Given all that, thursday I saw this lady at the library, she had on a furry vest (like grizzly fur-did she hunt/harvest herself?) also, a colorful scarf on her head, and a red tie. I hope she was dressed up for childrens' story time, however I suspect this was her real outfit that day.

I really am not mocking her. I am jealous that she has such self possession. Perhaps I can someday be so self assured that I can wear any crazy outfit in public without fear.

When that day comes you will know it because I will be at the library wearing a furry grizzly fur vest, a bright red tie, and and an awesome scarf. Stare, point, etc. I won't care.


Given this, can you all now understand why I encourage Maddie in her dressing up? It is a sign that she loves herself and is happy with her body.

Perhaps I will make her that polar bear suit she wanted for christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment