Monday, September 21, 2009

peopleofwalmart could be me.

PEOPLEOFWALMART.COM
this is a hilariously funny website. Slightly risque. Also pretty mean. It makes un of pictures of people in Walmart stores. Walmar tis ubiquitous, so it really makes fun of americans and the crazy things that people wear. Unfortunately this quickly degenerates into poking fun at the poor, old, ugly and handicapped.

The webmaster apparently has 'standards' he won't post pictures of the handicapped or those in scooters. Well, good try but the real entertainment value of this site is in poor people from the south who wear out of style crazt colors and bad hair dye-jobs.

These people are hilarious, butonly because they are not me.
Now, at this stage of my life I am very together. I have nice clothes, cute kids, a great looking body, etc. Most people in my life situation would probably look better than me. I am on the sloppy side of normal. For instance I am neutral on the question of "Are shoes neccessary in public?" Also, I think that breastfeeding should be allowed everywhere all of the time. It is like a basic human right to be able to feed a baby all the time everywhere without any limit.

PeopleofWalmart.com wouldn't probably make fun of me right now. However what if my life became more difficult? It could turn any time and very easily.

It is easy to criticize those who live in different circumstances. Behind my house is a row of apartment buildings. There are a lot of kids running around 'unsupervised' and many parents are concerned about them. What those of us who have lived in apartment buildings understand is that life is just more difficult with less money.

When we were in an apartment, it was difficult to go and play with my kids outside. I did it , but I remember the effort it toook to dress everyone and follow them around. If I were to work at the same time there is no way I could have done that. We would have been indoors and watching TV a lot. I hope that I do not forget. I love my house, I love my yard, I love my easy life. I don't want to be the tired mom from the apartment building again, but you never know what could happen. It could be me again.

I could easily be the lady with the pink frilly shirt and shorts or the matching snake pants, or the person wearing the yellow plaid shirt and shorts. I am not that far off.
This is why, quite reluctantly, I am removing the blog link to peopleofwalmart.com from my main blog page.

It is funny, but it could be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment